Tuesday 30 June 2009

Some Past Projects

I said I would post pics of my previous projects and purchases so while I have some time on my hands I'll add a couple.

I bought this bed from ebay and it was a dark green colour with brass knobs.

Photobucket

I spray painted it 'Heirloom White' (which I think means cream)! It was hard work and took a few coats but well worth it. Looks lovely in our bedroom. Just need to make some fabric hearts to hang from the knobs.

bed after

Then we have some of my favourite purchases. The Cath Kidston curtain I bought from ebay and was lucky enough for it to be local so didn't have to pay for postage. It's huge but has a join down the middle so I (at some point) will alter it into a pair of curtains to go in my bedroom. Just waiting to find a thrify brass curtain pole as at the moment we have those hideous 'tape measure' blinds. Yuck! Oh, by the way, it cost me £11!!

Photobucket
Photobucket

The other pair of curtians are Laura Ashley and were £3 (I think) from a charity shop. As the are the wrong size for any of my windows I am trying to decide wether to make pretty things from the fabric or to sell as they are.

Ok, one more for today. This is a makeover of my bedroom lamp. It was originally brown suede-like material all over. Got a cheap base from ebay and covered the shade with Globaltex 'Tilly'. Looks even better now it has a matching doorstop!

Before (sorry about the dodgy pic)!
Lamp Before

After
Recovered

I won't bore you with any more for now! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Never boring, your pretties are gorgeous and so is your little one. I love reading blogs, they are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete