Thursday 19 August 2010

Little solutions to little problems

Hair clips are a big pain in the bum in this house. I've lost count of how many sets I've bought for Izzy just to end up with lots of single clips and no matching pairs.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem? Where do these clips go?!

Anyway I saw this tutorial and it's such a pretty solution.

I used a frame from a charity shop which, as it was the first one I grabbed, is not in the best condition but once painted it looked a bit better.


I loved choosing scraps for the dresses and found some denim to use for the jeans.


It was really quick and easy to make so I might make a few for friends.

Next problem.....

...my daughter has a tiny bedroom but I love finding ways to get around this.

She recently got some chalks in a mixed box of Crayola bits and has been begging for a blackboard since. With no room for an easel I bought some blackboard paint and covered the front of her wardrobe with it.

Et voilà - one happy little girl and no extra space used! 


I had just baked cakes when I wrote this!

7 comments:

  1. Brilliant ideas! It's sock, keys and specs in my house .... if you have any solutions for those please feel free to share ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant idea for the hairclips - you should definately make some more for friends with girls - am sure they'll be a big hit.

    Don't have that problem in this house - 3 males and I only use single hairclips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a great idea that looks fab!
    Kandi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the hairclip idea, saw one similar for lost socks. I made a blackboard on my wall recently, fab aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so clever!! i love that, how original, i never think of things like that!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the most adorable thing ever. What a sweet way to organize and display hair clips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are so cute- I love them !!! I sat here thinking - do I have any of those clips? just so I could make one :O)

    ReplyDelete