Monday 17 August 2009

Decoupage and Freebies

I made my first attempt at decoupage today. I bought two mannequins from Matalan for £1 but they don't really go with my bedroom so I recovered one with a pretty CK tissue. It's far from perfect but I like how it turned out and I will be doing the other one in the pink version.





I've been looking for some nice storage for overflow clothes for a while and then came across these in a charity shop for £1 each. Bargain! (The stickers say £2 but I haggled). Plus they are perfect colours to go with my blue and cream bedroom. They are a little bit musty so they are being aired and sprayed with febreeze before they take up residence under the bed!



And finally, good old Freecycle! I got this 1901 Singer today and I love it so much. Will have to hide it somewhere as I already have a 1950s one on a treadle which dh was not best pleased about me buying! Still when it's free you can't say no, can you?!




1 comment:

  1. How good was that sewing machine find in freecycle! It's gorgeous, I so want one of these ;o)

    So glad to hear I am not the only one who has trouble with good old Mrs Beeton! I must try the victoria sponge then ;o)

    Loving your blog and see we both have the same throw from Matalan, isn't it gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete